ting a banned substance. For over two

Off topic discussion

Moderator: ACAPmod

ting a banned substance. For over two

Postby lw789 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:10 am

BARCELONA, Spain - Canadas Meagan Duhamel and Eric Radford are poised to capture their first Grand Prix Final medal after winning the pairs short program Thursday.The two-time world championship bronze medallists earned their best-ever component mark — for presentation — and will take a seasons best overall score of 74.70 points into the long program. Duhamel pumped her fist after concluding their routine choreographed to Ginette Renos Un peu plus haut.The component elements have always been considered our weaker side, said Radford. To finish ahead of the Russian pair who are extremely strong technically is a big step for us. We were really in the moment tonight. Nothing could stop us.Olympic silver medallists Ksenia Stolbova and Fedor Klimov of Russia go into Saturdays free program in second with 72.33, while Wenjing Sui and Cong Han of China are third, with 66.66.Duhamel, from Lively, Ont., and Radford, from Balmertown, Ont., are enjoying a standout season, with victories in both their Grand Prix events — Skate Canada International and NHK Trophy in Japan. Still, Duhamel said she was battling nerves Thursday.I didnt know what to expect and I was hoping I would get into the zone. Once the music started and we were very together going into our first element I knew we were going to be alright, she said. They opened the program with a triple twist lift followed by side-by-side triple Lutzes and a throw triple Salchow.They added a quad throw Salchow — Radford throws Duhamel four revolutions through the air — to their long program this season. Russians Yuka Kavaguti and Alexander Smirnov are the only other skaters attempting the move this season.Julianne Seguin of Longueuil, Que., and Charles Bilodeau of Trois-Pistoles, Que., lead after the pairs short program of the Junior Grand Prix Final. Four Russian couples follow in the standings including Lina Fedorova and Maxim Miroshkin just 0.18 behind the leaders.We couldnt be happier with our performance, said Bilodeau. We executed all our elements and achieved level fours even on our twist for the first time. It gives us a lot of confidence for the free program.Mackenzie Bent of Uxbridge, Ont., and Garrett MacKeen of Oshawa, Ont., are fourth after the junior short dance while Madeline Edwards of Port Moody, B.C., and ZhaoKai Pang of Burnaby, B.C., are fifth. Mark Letestu Jersey . The Argentine midfielder made the announcement himself on Twitter on Tuesday and posted a picture of his swollen left foot. His message said he would be out "at least three weeks. Mark Messier Jersey . Fans holding laudatory signs started showing up at Yankee Stadium when the gates opened at 4 p.m. Monday, an hour early in order to give them a chance to watch the New York captain take batting practice. http://www.hockeyoilersshop.com/jesse-p ... vi-jersey/. Pominville scored in all three of Minnesotas games last week to help the Wild (8-4-3, 19 points) earn four out of a possible six points. His best performance was in a 4-3 win over Montreal on Friday, where he posted a season-high three points (two goals, one assist), including the game-winning goal. Zack Kassian Jersey . Amare Stoudemire had 22 points and 10 rebounds, Carmelo Anthony scored 21 and the New York Knicks won their eighth straight game, 93-92 over Philadelphia on Friday night, sending the Sixers to their 23rd straight loss. Ryan Smyth Jersey .Cowboys owner Jerry Jones seems to be leaning the fiscally responsible way.Let me put it like this: Its going to be a challenge, Jones said of re-signing both of Dallas biggest potential free agents. ASHBURN, Va. -- Washington Redskins tight end Fred Davis wants everyone to know that his latest NFL suspension resulted from taking a supplement that contained a banned substance -- and not a repeat of the recreational drug use that got him into trouble in the past. The NFL announced Wednesday that Davis has been suspended indefinitely without pay for violating the leagues substance abuse policy. It is his second substance-abuse suspension -- he sat out the final four games of the 2011 season after testing positive for marijuana. "I would like to clarify the circumstances that resulted in my current suspension," Davis said in a statement released through the NFL Players Association. "In the past, I made the mistake of knowingly ingesting a banned substance. For over two years, Ive worked very hard to eliminate marijuana from my life, and I have not had a positive test for it since 2011. "Unfortunately, a couple of months ago I took a supplement that contained a banned substance. I now know that supplements are not regulated by the FDA and may contain banned substances. The NFL Policy is strict, and not knowing that a supplement might contain a banned substance doesnt excuse a violation of the policy.dddddddddddd" NFL players are regularly briefed on the leagues drug policy. Davis is a six-year veteran, a second-round selection by the Redskins in the 2008 draft. Davis said he has been working with the league and players union to "resolve this violation" and that he will be permitted to apply for reinstatement in the fall. "I look forward to staying in football shape, remaining in compliance with the NFL policy, and having a chance to get back on the field to contribute to a teams success next season," the statement said. Davis appears unlikely to return to the Redskins. He is set to become a free agent next month, having signed a one-year deal in 2013 with the hope of producing big numbers that he could parlay into a hefty multiyear contract when he hit the open market. Instead, he caught only seven passes and was passed on the depth chart by rookie Jordan Reed. Davis also admitted to nodding off during team meetings and voiced a desire to play for another team after he was put on the inactive list for multiple games. Davis has 162 career receptions for 2,043 yards. His best season was 2011, when he had 59 catches for 796 yards before his first suspension. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
lw789
ACAPregular

Return to Discussion