The teenager, who only turned 18 last month, won the Formula

Off topic discussion

Moderator: ACAPmod

The teenager, who only turned 18 last month, won the Formula

Postby wangshi » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:49 am

PHOENIX -- Paul Goldschmidt homered and the Arizona Diamondbacks blew the game open late to prevent Los Angeles from clinching the NL West title with a 9-4 victory over the Dodgers on Wednesday night. Butch Goring Jersey . Goldschmidts opposite-field two-run shot off Stephen Fife (4-4) in the first inning moved him into the NL lead with 34 home runs. Yasiel Puig hit a solo home run calculated at 442 feet for the Dodgers, who have lost five of six and get one more chance to clinch in Arizona in the series finale Thursday. The Dodgers Adrian Gonzalez was ejected after Michael Young was called out at the plate in a close play in the sixth inning. Brandon McCarthy (5-9) went six-plus innings to get the victory. Arizona broke open a close game with five runs in the eighth. Tim Federowicz drove in two runs with a home run and RBI double. McCarthy gave up two runs, scattering 10 hits in six-plus innings. Arizona led just 4-3 before blowing the game open against Belisario, the Dodgers sixth pitcher of the night. Adam Eaton had a two-run single, Aaron Hill and Martin Prado each an RBI double and Chris Owings walked with the bases loaded. Fife got the start in place of Clayton Kershaw, whose outing was pushed back three days to Saturdays game at San Diego to give him some extra late-season rest. Fife never made it out of the third, giving up a two-run homer to Goldschmidt in the first and a two more runs in the third as Arizona took a 4-0 lead. He allowed four runs on six hits in 2 1-3 innings, walking two and hitting two batters. Gonzalez was tossed by second base umpire Andy Fletcher in the top of the sixth inning after Michael Young attempted to score from first on Gonzalezs double. Young was called out by first base umpire Jim Joyce, catcher Miguel Montero taking shortstop Chris Owings relay throw and put down the tag although replays showed Youngs hand appeared to touch the plate first. Puig opened the game with a ground-rule double but was picked off by Montero after wandering too far off second. He atoned for it with a soaring home run far above the 413-foot sign in left-centre to lead off the fourth. The Dodgers added a run later in the inning on consecutive singles by Carl Crawford, Young and Gonzalez to cut Arizonas lead to 4-2. Los Angeles pulled within one, 4-3, in the seventh when Nick Punto led off with a single and scored from third on Federowiczs double down the left field line. Federowicz advanced to third with one out on Skip Schumakers sacrifice bunt but was stranded when pinch hitter Scott Van Slyke grounded into a double play. The Diamondbacks stranded 14 runners, leaving the bases loaded three times. Eaton hustled on what should have been a single to Puig in right and turned it into a double to start the Arizona first. After one out, Goldschmidt sent a 3-2 pitch to the opposite field for a two-run home run. Arizonas third run scored after Fife hit Montero with a pitch to start the third inning. Matt Davidsons single advanced runner to third, then Montero scored when Parra bounced into a fielders choice. Dodgers manager Don Mattingly tried to make a pitching change but was chased back to the dugout by home plate umpire Joe West because pitching coach Rick Honeycutt already had visited the mound in the same at-bat. Fife went on to walk McCarthy on four pitches to load the bases. Carlos Marmol relieved Fife and promptly walked Eaton to bring in a run and make it 4-0. Notes: Goldschmidts 34 home runs tie him with Steve Finley for seventh on the Arizona career list. ... In the last meeting of the teams this season, the Dodgers send RHP Ricky Nolasco (13-10, 3.36 ERA) to the mound Monday while LHP Wade Miley (10-10, 3.70). ... Arizona leads the season series 10-8. ... Gonzalez was ejected for the third time in his career, first this season. Christian Folin Jersey . Louis Blues, having added Ryan Miller and Steve Ott from Buffalo, remain the No. Adrian Kempe Jersey . With the final four being arguably the four best – and most complete – teams from the regular season, picking a winner is not as easy as it sounds. http://www.officialkingshockey.com/Paul-Ladue-Jersey/ .Fucale will not only be one of the local boys, he is also a Montreal Canadiens draft pick and will have a huge cheering section when Canada opens the tournament Dec.Eighteen-year-old Lance Stroll will race for Williams in the 2017 Formula 1 season with Valtteri Bottas confirmed as his team-mate. The Canadian youngster, son of a billionaire father, will become the second-youngest driver in F1 history when he debuts next March.Stroll replaces Felipe Massa, who announced at Septembers Italian GP he will retire from F1 at the end of the current campaign and is thought to have beaten off competition from Saubers Felipe Nasr to take the Brazilains seat. The teenagers impressive title-winning Formula 3 campaign, in which he won 14 races, and financial package made his Williams announcement widely anticipated but there was some doubt over who would partner the teenager. Deputy team principal Claire Williams described the line-up as a new chapter in Williams history as she presented Stroll and Bottas to the assembled media.We made this decision a long time ago and its one we are really, really excited about, she said. Stroll deserves his F1 chance F3 commentator Tom Gaymor on how Lance Stroll has impressed & shouldnt be dismissed as a pay driver Williams went on to give a glowing endorsement of her new driver, adding: He is so capable, hes extremely intelligent and he puts the work in. To achieve what he has achieved in such a short space of time, I have total confidence he will get in the car and deliver. 2017 F1 seats confirmed so far Mercedes Lewis Hamilton Nico Rosberg Ferrari Sebastian Vettel Kimi Raikkonen Red Bull Daniel Ricciardo Max Verstappen Force India Sergio Perez n/a Toro Rosso Carlos Sainz Daniil Kvyat Williams Valtteri Bottas Lance Stroll McLaren Fernando Alonso Stoffel Vandoorne Haas Romain Grosjean n/a Renault Nico Hulkenberg n/a Sauber n/a n/a Manor n/a n/a Stroll confirmed to the media that he has had six test days in a 2014 Williams so far as he prepares for the 2017 campaign. Asked about suggestions he may be labelled a pay driver owing to his familys wealth, the Canadian was defiant and insisted he has earned his F1 chance.Everyone has their own opinion, I cant change that, he said. I come from money, Im not going to deny that, but I believe Ive earned my shot in F1 because Ive won every championship that Ive competed in.Now the FIA have put in superlicence [points] for just that reason, so people cant just buy their way into F1. You actually have to prove yourself and win in the junior categories. Williams also moved to deny the decision to hand Stroll a race seat was decided by the money he could bring to the team. The Canadians father was behind the rise of the Tommy Hilfiger brand in the 1990s.Id like to make it very clear that Williams has been a team over thhe past few years that has made it very clear, and a statement of intent, that we would not allow financial considerations to influence over driver choice, said Williams. Los Angeles Kings Jerseys. That has absolutely been the case this year.Money doesnt drive performance in the cockpit - you either have performance or you dont. Lance has proved he has got that talent. He has to do the job next year in Formula 1, and we will do that, to dispel those rumours. Williams deputy team principal Claire Williams says shes confident new driver Lance Stroll will be successful in the 2017 F1 season. Bottas previous deal expired at the end of 2016 and the Finn, a nine-time podium finisher during his five years with the Grove team, was reportedly offered a long-term deal by Renault.But with Nico Hulkenberg instead snatched up by the French manufacturer, Bottas has committed his future to Williams.I am very happy about it and the teams continuing trust on me and my ability. I feel we still have a lot to achieve together, we havent yet achieved what we could, said the Finn.I currently have a stat which I have the most points scored in F1 without a win, which I hate, and so it would be nice to change that. That is our target together and it would be very special to have my first win with Williams. Its like a family home, so it was a very natural decision for me to continue. New Williams driver Lance Stroll admits he may come from a wealthy background, but hes determined to prove hes good enough to drive in Formula One. Who is Lance Stroll?A Montreal-born Canadian national, Lance Stroll is the son of billionaire Lawrence Stroll.The teenager, who only turned 18 last month, won the Formula 3 series with 100 points to spare after winning 14 races. He first came to prominence by winning the Italian Formula 4 Championship and Toyota Racing Series categories. Stroll was previously part of Ferraris driver graduate scheme but left the Scuderias ranks for Williams last November when he was appointed their development driver. The Formula 1 Gossip ColumnHe was handed a one-race ban in 2015 from the FIA European F3 Championship for moving in the braking zone at Les Combes at Spa. Running three abreast, he squeezed Mikkel Jensen and Felix Rosenqvist to the outside of the circuit and the three collided and crashed out of the race. Strolls career in briefHe made his car racing debut in early 2014, driving in Ferraris Florida Winter Series before a title winning Italian F4 campaign.Stroll got more experience that winter racing in New Zealand before making the giant step up to European F3, where after a slow start, and the aforementioned ban, he took a number of late season podium finishes, including his first win in the series at the final round at Hockenheim.After that learning campaign he dominated the series in 2016, winning nearly half of the races and cliniching the title by 187 points.He combined his F3 campaign with a testing programme in a 2014 Williams at various F1 circuits around the world. Can Nico Rosberg clinch the title at Interlagos? Watch the Brazilian GP live on Sky Sports F1 on Sunday 13 November, the race begins at 4pm; Watch the whole race weekend with a NOW TV week pass - £10.99, no contract Also See: Formula 1 gossip column Get a Sky Sports weekend pass 2017 driver line-ups and schedule Brundle: Formula 1 gets angry Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
wangshi
ACAPuser
ACAPuser

Return to Discussion