Return or retire Lidstrom isnt sure if h

Off topic discussion

Moderator: ACAPmod

Return or retire Lidstrom isnt sure if h

Postby jackky » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:18 am

ROMULUS, Mich. - When Nicklas Lidstrom took off his Detroit Red Wings uniform and unlaced his skates Saturday night, the defenceman didn't wonder whether he would wear the winged wheel again."I swear, I didn't," he insisted.The 40-year-old Lidstrom deflected every question from reporters about his future after getting off the team plane Sunday afternoon, about Clayton Geathers Jersey 15 hours after his season ended. The San Jose Sharks eliminated Detroit on home ice in Game 5 of their second-round series."I haven' TY Hilton Jersey t thought about it yet," he said. "It's not on my mind right now."I don't have a timetable."But Lidstrom acknowledged knowing the Red Wings want an answer from him before free agency begins July 1.Detroit general manager Ken Holland hopes to meet with every player, including Lidstrom, within the next two weeks and wants to re-sign Lidstrom."We want him back," Holland said. "I Erik Swoope Jersey don't know what proce s he's got to go through."Lidstrom didn't publicly provide any clues, saying he hasn't even privately discu sed the options with his wife and kids. He has spent his entire 18-season career with the Red Wings.The Swedish superstar seemed to slip from great to good this season, contributing 49 points?his second-lowest Zach Banner Jersey total in 14 seasons?then his mistakes were noticed for a change in the playoffs. He wasn't a finalist for the Norris Trophy for just the second time in more than a decade.
jackky
ACAPuser
ACAPuser

Return to Discussion