Russia to face Czech Republic in gold-me

Off topic discussion

Moderator: ACAPmod

Russia to face Czech Republic in gold-me

Postby jackky » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:50 am

COLOGNE, Germany - It's up to Jaromir Jagr and the unheralded Czechs to try and derail the Ru sian Expre s.The host Germans came painfully close on a dramatic semifinal Saturday at Clive Walford Jersey the IIHF World Hockey Championship, but Pavel Datsyuk scored with le s than two minutes remaining to give Ru sia a 2-1 victoryits 27th straight at the tournament.They'll be going for a third consecutive world championship gold Sunday against a Czech team that started slowly before reeling off four straight victories in must-win games.Jagr has been the heart and soul of the team and desperately wants to add another gold to a collection that already includes one from the 1998 Olympics and 2005 world championship. The 38-year-old knows it might be his last chance."I'm almost done," he said. "I'm happy for the young guys. Two weeks David Amerson Jersey ago nobody gave us a chance. I'm so happy for these guysnow we're going to the final."Ru sia Amari Cooper Jersey has rolled through another world championship with a roster that includes 14 members of the Olympic team. That group has vowed to put the painful Vancouver experience behind it by capturing gold here.One more obstacle stands in their way."Overall, they have a group of guys who have hung in there," Ru sian forward Sergei Fedorov said of the Czechs. "(Jaromir) is a great player and he's their leader. It's going to be quite a task. But we know Jaromir because he plays in the KHL, we know what he's capable of."Added captain Ilya Kovalchuk: "They have some dangerous playersJagrand a very dangerous team."The Ru sians came dangerously close to an upset at the hands of the surprising Germans, who were buoyed by a noisy sellout crowd Jamize Olawale Jersey at Lanxe s Arena. Germany took a 1-0 lead on a power-play goal by Marcel Goc and found itself tied late after Evgeni Malkin scored his fifth of the tournament for Ru sia.
jackky
ACAPuser
ACAPuser

Return to Discussion