Conn Smythe Trophy winner Niedermayer co

Off topic discussion

Moderator: ACAPmod

Conn Smythe Trophy winner Niedermayer co

Postby jackky » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:53 am

Until now. "Scott has indicated that he's thinking about retirement," Ducks GM Brian Burke told The Canadian Pre s on Tuesday. The Conn Smythe Trophy winner as playoff MVP informed Burke of the po sibility during the Marcus Mariota Jersey players' exit interviews a few days after Anaheim won its championship.Niedermayer confirmed the rumours of his po sible retirement in an ESPN.com story Monday and said he wasn't leaning either way."I think every player, as they get older, begins to Ben Jones Jersey think about how much longer they're going to play," Niedermayer told the website. "I know I think about it."Niedermayer's agent Kevin Epp spoke to his client Tuesday afternoon."He hasn't made a decision at all," said Epp. "He's got lots of things to think about."While the fact that he's even thinking about retirement may be a shock to most, since Niedermayer is only 33 years old, it doesn't surprise the people close to him, including former New Jersey teammate and standout blue- Eric Weems Jersey liner Scott Stevens."When I was playing with him, he never seemed, in my opinion, like he was planning on playing that long - or as long as I did," Stevens, who played 22 NHL seasons, told CP on Tuesday. "I kept saying to him, 'You'll have no trouble surpa sing my amount of games and this and that.' And he'd say, 'Oh no, you won't see me doing that.' But there's no question the guy can play as long as he wants."Stevens spoke to his former defence partner last week."I said to him, 'It's not an easy decision. It has to come from within you,' " Adoree Jackson Jersey said Stevens.It would be a gigantic blow to the Ducks, who have Niedermayer under contract for two more years at US$6.75 million per season.
jackky
ACAPuser
ACAPuser

Return to Discussion