Lewis scores 1st of season Bernier stops

Off topic discussion

Moderator: ACAPmod

Lewis scores 1st of season Bernier stops

Postby jackky » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:54 am

CALGARY - A trip through Alberta has turned around the season for Los Angeles winger Matt Slauson Jersey Trevor Lewis.Lewis' first goal of the season was the game winner Wednesday night as the Kings swept back-to-back games in the province with a 3-1 victory over the Calgary Flames.The 26-year-old showed great poise on his goal at 15:20 into the first period, which came 29 seconds after Calgary tied 1-1. Lewis collected a rebound at the side of the night, paused briefly to control the puck, then zipped a shot into the top corner over the shoulder of Flames goaltender Joey MacDonald."The puck was bouncing so I had to wait for Brandon Mebane Jersey it to settle and I just fired it," said Lewis, who scored for the first time in 31 games. "I didn't see it go in, I thought actually (Mike) Richards touched it, so I didn't get as good of a celebration as I would have liked, but it still feels great to get the goose egg off."Lewis had gone 13 games without a point before picking up two a sists Tuesday night in the Kings' 3-1 win over Edmonton."To get a chance to play with Richards or (Jeff) Carter, you pretty much just have to get them the puck and get open, and good things will happen," Lewis said.It would be all the offence Jonathan Bernier would need Joe Barksdale Jersey . With Jonathan Quick getting the night off, the Kings' backup goalie made 26 stops to improve to 3-1-0.Dustin Brown and Carter also scored for Los Angeles (7-6-2). The defending Stanley Cup champions wrap up a gruelling stretch in which they played eight-of-nine games on the road.T.J. Brodie scored the lone goal for Calgary (5-7-3). The Flames have two days off before returning to action Saturday against Minnesota.Jarome Iginla led the Flames with Dan Feeney Jersey a season-high nine shots.
jackky
ACAPuser
ACAPuser

Return to Discussion