Bulldogs beat Stars 3-2 to take Game 1 o

Off topic discussion

Moderator: ACAPmod

Bulldogs beat Stars 3-2 to take Game 1 o

Postby jackky » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:56 am

HAMILTON - It took just 14 seconds of overtime for Hamilton's Brock Trotter to bury the winner past Texas goalie Matt Climie on Friday, as the Bulldogs claimed the opening game of the AHL Western Conference Final with a 3-2 win over the Stars."It feels really good, it's been a Michael Brockers Jersey while since I scored an overtime goal," Trotter said.The overtime power-play winner, Trotter's second goal of the night, was the product of the fast feet of Ryan Ru sell, who beat the Texas defenceman out to the corner for the puck and drove it to the net where Ru sell chipped it acro s to Trotter for the back-door winner."That was the play," said Bulldogs coach Guy Boucher, who declined to reveal the name of the game-winning play. He Robert Woods Jersey did, however, note that it was the clean sheet that made the play po sible."The ice was really slushy and soft," the coach said.So were the Cooper Kupp Jersey Bulldogs coming out in the second period, and the rookie coach took notice."We lost momentum at some part because we were soft on the puck, and we wanted to make sure we weren't soft in the overtime."I wasn't happy about our second period, we have a shooting mentality. I know we got 38 shots, but it wasn't enough in many instances, we tried to fancy it and I didn't like what we did in the first part of the second period."For me, we didn Jared Goff Jersey 't play 60 minutes, and I wasn't happy."Climie turned away 36 of 38 shots in the lo s, and was one of the few reasons the game was so close.
jackky
ACAPuser
ACAPuser

Return to Discussion