NHLs new all-star format has players and

Off topic discussion

Moderator: ACAPmod

NHLs new all-star format has players and

Postby jackky » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:03 am

RALEIGH, N.C. - Corey Perry figures he's a candidate to be the last Will Tye Jersey man standing in Friday's NHL all-star draft.It's not a position anyone wants to be in, but the Anaheim Ducks forward is a noted agitator. He's pretty sure he's done something over the years to get under the skin of Nicklas Lidstrom and Eric Staal, the two captains who will be in charge of picking the teams."I'm sure there's a few different reasons not to pick me," said Perry. who leads the Ducks in points with 26 goals and 25 a sists.He's Shane Vereen Jersey one of 20 players who could end up being drafted last under the new format developed for Sunday's game at RBC Center in Raleigh (CBC, 4 p.m. ET).When NHL vice-president Brendan Shanahan came up with the draft idea, he planned to have a group of players selected in the final round to keep the attention off one individual. But the players were overwhelmingly in favour of seeing one of their peers get embarra sed so the format was modified.More than half of the 42 all-stars have nothing to worry about. The six captainsTeam Lidstrom alternates are Patrick Kane JT Thomas Jersey and Martin St. Louis while Ryan Kesler and Mike Green will both wear the A for Team Staalalready have their spots."That's my worst fear is being picked Sterling Shepard Jersey last, so at least I don't have to worry about that now," said Green.The six goaltenders have to be picked by the 10th round, and the remaining 10 defencemen must be selected by the 15th round.Kane is happy that he's safe."I'm definitely sure you don't want to go last," he said. "It's kind of a tough situation. I've been talking to some of my (Blackhawks)teammates about it.
jackky
ACAPuser
ACAPuser

Return to Discussion