Canadas top NHL prospects will be tired

Topics that don't belong in the other categories....

Moderator: ACAPmod

Canadas top NHL prospects will be tired

Postby jackky » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:22 am

Forward Sam Gagner will be on a tour of Western Canada with the Canadian junior team wrapping up the eight-game Super Series Kwon Alexander Jersey against Ru sia.The day the Oilers freshman break camp in Yellowknife on Sept. 9 is the same day the Super Series ends in Vancouver, so it will be straight to Edmonton for Gagner, who went sixth overall to the Oilers in the June draft."I might be back in time for their exhibition game against the University of Alberta," the London Knights forward said.Several players on the Bryan Anger Jersey Canadian junior team will mi s all or part of their NHL clubs' rookie camps this year due to the Super Series.The eight-game series against Ru sia will be a double-edged sword for the players in their preparation to try and become NHLers as they'll be more mentally and physically game-ready than their peers, but they'll also be exhausted at their training camps.By the time the Super Series ends, they'll have played eight games in 14 days acro s several time zones and will have flown thousands of kilometres.From Omsk, Demar Dotson Jersey where the Ru sian leg of the series concludes, to Vancouver is a 14-hour time difference."I might get off to a little bit of a slow start as far as impre sions go, but I think playing in this I'm going to be in really good game shape going into camp," Gagner said. "I have a lot to prove in my first camp and I think Ryan Fitzpatrick Jersey this should really prepare me."You try and come to training camp in as good a shape as po sible, but practice shape is an entirely different thing from game shape and I think playing in games should only in benefit me."Game 2 of the Super Series is Wednesday (9 a.m. ET) in Ufa and Jonathan Bernier of the Lewiston Maineiacs will get the start in net.
jackky
ACAPuser
ACAPuser

Return to Misc