Hartsburg apologetic over Sens struggles

Topics that don't belong in the other categories....

Moderator: ACAPmod

Hartsburg apologetic over Sens struggles

Postby jackky » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:25 am

OTTAWA - The Cory Clouston era in Ottawa started the same way the Craig Hartsburg one ended: with a lo s.With Clouston making his NHL coaching debut, the Senators went out and showed there's still plenty of work to be done in Ottawa after getting shut out 1-0 by the Los Angeles Kings on home ice.Earlier on Tuesday, a day after being fired just 48 games JJ Nelson Jersey into his coaching tenure in Ottawa, Hartsburg spoke to the media and took more than his share of the blame for the team's dismal performance this season."I'm not the type of person to make excuses or blame others. I look in the mirror first and I feel I've let my family down, I feel I've let the organization down," John Brown Jersey he told reporters during an afternoon conference call.The lo s to the Kings wasn't the start that Clouston had hoped for but he said he saw some encouraging signs in his new team."It would be a lot better if it was a win," Clouston said a day after being promoted from the Senators' AHL affiliate in Binghamton. "I'm disappointed in the outcome, but I think as the game progre sed, we Chad Williams Jersey did a lot of good things"."We played as a team for the most part. Obviously, our guys are still fighting the stick to create some offensive opportunities and then to bury their chances."Under Hartsburg the Senators went 17-24-7, were the lowest-scoring team in the league and entered Tuesday night in 13th place in the Eastern Conference.Back-to-back lo ses in Columbus DJ Humphries Jersey and Washington on Friday and Sunday sealed Hartsburg's fate and cleared the way for the 39-year-old Clouston.He becomes the fourth different face behind the Ottawa bench since the team's trip to the Stanley Cup final in 2007.
jackky
ACAPuser
ACAPuser

Return to Misc