GigAlarm: Where is the data saved?

Alarm / Reminder / Scheduler with hibernate and suspend resume. GigAlarm Page

Moderator: ACAPmod

GigAlarm: Where is the data saved?

Postby Mister E » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:43 pm

I need to find the data files for GigAlarm as I want to back up my alarms and other settings. How do I do this?
Mister E
ACAPuser
ACAPuser

Postby Siegfried » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:06 pm

It depends. When installed normally the data will be stored in the system data directory in a folder similar to...

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\ACAPsoft\PROGRAMNAME\

However if the "DefSet.txt" file is deleted from the program directory or if the program is run from a removable directory then all data will be saved in the same directory as the program. Due to this lack of clarity, we have a shortcut built into the "About Box" of every program. With the "About Box" open, find the combo box at the bottom left, select "Prog Dirs" and the directories are shown in the window above. Also, the button to the right changes to "Open Dirs" so you can then open the directories easily.
Siegfried
ACAPadmin
ACAPadmin

Re: GigAlarm: Where is the data saved?

Postby Doyle » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:58 pm

I would like to have the option of moving Gigalarms data to a directory on another hard drive (Raid Array). I do this whenever possible to avoid losing any data should the main hard drive need windows reinstalled, need a complete reformat and install, dies, etc. Yes, I do incremental backups.....but the backup is only as good as the last one and it is possible to lose several days or weeks of data. This also reduces wear and tear on that main hard drive as well as makes the data available to the other computers on my home network.

Doyle
Doyle

Postby Siegfried » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:32 am

Doyle wrote:I would like to have the option of moving Gigalarms data to a directory on another hard drive (Raid Array).

You can. In Options->Files you can select the location. Copy the data files (or the entire directory) to where you want, change the setting, and then restart.
Siegfried
ACAPadmin
ACAPadmin

Return to GigAlarm