Alarm delete problem

Alarm / Reminder / Scheduler with hibernate and suspend resume. GigAlarm Page

Moderator: ACAPmod

Alarm delete problem

Postby mftnchn » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:56 am

I'm experiencing some weird things with alarms not being fully deleted. One problem is that when I have changed the sound file on an alarm, it plays the old and the new sound file at the same time. Although I have deleted the alarm and started completely over, sometimes the same thing will happen, it plays what was in the old deleted alarm, two sound files at once.

Also I have deleted a 7 am alarm that turns on my computer. Totally deleted the alarm. However, occasionally my computer still turns on in the morning on its own. Usually it will play the sound file in the old deleted alarm whenever I turn on my computer after 7 am.

How can I resolve this?
mftnchn

Postby Siegfried » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:02 pm

Noted. I'll make a custom version to research this.

(I have noticed a few alarms of my own not deleting.)
Siegfried
ACAPadmin
ACAPadmin

Postby Siegfried » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:49 am

I've done some research and I am unable to see any problem. On two separate systems I went though and deleted redundant alarms and they all deleted as they should. I also tested the "Delete After" function several times on both systems and that worked good too.

Even so, I do recall that in the past I saw a few alarms that I thought were deleted show up, so if any of the ones deleted today show up I'll have something to work with. In the mean time there are a few things you can do.

1. Change to "View Deleted" mode. Is there an unusual amount of alarms there. (There should be about 20% of the total in there at most.)
2. Change to "View All" mode. Press the "Text" column top. This will sort the database. (It also cleans it somewhat.)
3. Add a new alarm, close the window, then delete the alarm.
4. Change to "View Deleted" mode. Has the number of alarms changed?

There's a good chance going though this will solve any oddities. GigAlarm is designed to clean itself on alarm addition, but problems can happen when it adds alarms when others are active. (It can't sort the database then as the relative positions need to be constant.)

If this doesn't help please confirm that you are using the latest version. Other than that I will need a copy of your alarm database to investigate this further.
Siegfried
ACAPadmin
ACAPadmin

Re: Alarm delete problem

Postby mftnchn » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:08 am

Thanks. I have the most recent version of the program. I've tried all of these suggestions, and even added 9 new alarms with no sounds and deleted them so that is all that shows up in the delete view (which only shows 7-8 files). However, I am still getting the problem of two sound files playing at once (one from a long ago deleted alarm). So it appears that nothing has changed.

How do you send you the files? And do you need all the files from the directory?

Cheryl
mftnchn

Postby Siegfried » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:51 am

mftnchn wrote:How do you send you the files? And do you need all the files from the directory?

Details are given here; I just need "sGigAlm.dat” and "dGigAlm.dat" . Send them to support@ACAPsoft.com.
Siegfried
ACAPadmin
ACAPadmin

Re: Alarm delete problem

Postby Siegfried » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:27 am

...as a FYI for other users, at this stage this seems to be program interaction issue, not a GigAlarm bug, and is considered resolved.
Siegfried
ACAPadmin
ACAPadmin

Return to GigAlarm