Help Menu and Refugee Alarms and Perm Delete

Alarm / Reminder / Scheduler with hibernate and suspend resume. GigAlarm Page

Moderator: ACAPmod

Help Menu and Refugee Alarms and Perm Delete

Postby ajergo » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:37 pm

I am using GigAlarm 1.35 with Windows 8.1

I can not get Help to work for me in GigAlarm. Tried by both right click on tray icon and also clicking on Help from main Alarms window. Is there a file that perhaps I am missing? Do not see any file on my PC that looks like a Help file; under User/xxxx/AppData/Roaming/ACAPsoft/GigAlarm Does help use a Web based help or is it an internal type of help?

I was trying to use Help to figure out what the option is to show Refugee Alarms on startup, which is controlled by the "Check Alarms" box in the Misc tab of options. Can somebody please explain what Refugee Alarms are?
I think I may have had one of these. Sometimes when GigAlarm starts it shows a whole bunch of old alarms that have already been displayed.

One last question - is there any way to permanently delete alarms shown under "Deleted Alarms". Selecting it and clicking delete does not do anything.
ajergo

Re: Help Menu and Refugee Alarms and Perm Delete

Postby Siegfried » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:21 am

1. Help shows the ReadMe.htm file. It's on the site if for some reason it's missing.

2. "Refugee" alarms are normally things like delete-after alarms that didn't get deleted as the computer was shut down before the time.

3. There is no permanent delete. It would actually be easy to add, but it never was as IMHO it's the more honest way to do it. The deleted alarms are actually deleted in the database, so they can't be deleted any more. Even if GigAlarm, for example, wrote over the alarm, it would still be in the file system in some form. Is there any reason why you want this?
Siegfried
ACAPadmin
ACAPadmin

Re: Help Menu and Refugee Alarms and Perm Delete

Postby ajergo » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:21 pm

Found the ReadMe.htm file in the GigAlarm file (same folder as GigAlarm.exe), but it does not come up when I click on Help icon or right click on tray icon.

No need to Permanently delete alarms, just thought that might be the cause of my alarms that seem to pop up for no reason after they are past due.
ajergo

Return to GigAlarm