4993 Cool Convertible

Set reviews

Moderators: ACAPmod, LEGOmod

4993 Cool Convertible

Postby Siegfried » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:45 am

Welcome to my triple 4993 review! The creator sets this year were great value and the models were quite smart, motivating me to make all of them. But did I like them? Read on to find out! (Please note that I made them in reverse order to the way that they are shown so don't ask for any different photos of anything other than the convertible.)

Model 1: Convertable

I'm still not sure if I like the look of this sports car; it's probably a bit too stubby for my liking. I think it somewhat resembles a BMW Z3.

I definitely don't like the rear; too many gaps. The design could have been enhanced to cover these more, but I suppose that would have raised the price.

The gaps look worse from this angle. The side ones would have been hard to avoid, but the front and back ones wouldn't have been that hard. Modify it yourself you say? Nah... it's LEGO; I'll just make something else!

I found the doors quite impressive; they sit more flush than I thought was possible. The side map holders are a nice touch too. The seats look great too.

Snap! The roof closes fast with a flick of the lever. The roof is a smart design; it takes advantage of the sloping windscreen and is quite small.

Here it is in mid-transfer.

The last "function" in this set is the engine.

The set is to the scale of Belville, who even fit in with the top up...

...but they look like they are having more fun with it down! I think TLG should have considered marketing this as a Belville-car. Barbie cars sell for not much cheaper.

Model thoughts

While the styling isn't to my taste, this is a great looking model. The red stripes in particular are very effective. The functional parts of this car are very well
designed. I just wish they found some more parts for the back...

Model 2: Cab-over Truck

This truck was one of my main interests in the set... but I didn't like it as much when built. This is mostly because it looks odd at angles other than this one.

Front on the wheels seem too wide to me. The bumper seems excessive as well. I like the radiator though, and the "windscreen" curve works for me too.

Side on the back seems too short, and the fifth wheel, while inventive, is odd...

...as is the back.

The tilting cab was the smartest part of the design; it not only props the cab while it's lifted, it also holds it shut. The truck also has an engine, which is made much the same as the one for the convertible.

Scale-wise this one is confusing. I think it's roughly the same scale as a Technic man, but due to a flat inner cab there's not feet room.

Model thoughts

Disappointing. It looked better to me on the box.

Model 3: Bobcat

I actually built this model first as it's quite clearly the smallest model. It uses about 2/3rds of the parts and is very empty inside.

Part usage aside, it's a good model. Due to the thin rubber the wheels are wrong for this model, but that's a minor complain in this case.

The bucket design is really smart. Not only that, the way the convertible model uses black in all the subtle places to allow for a black bucket is great planning.

The back is well done considering the available pieces.

The arm lifts by pulling back the black lever. It locks in place because of the missing plate pieces.

The bucket isn't self-levelling, but it does stay in place.

You can see from this angle the lack of detail behind the seat.

This model is also Belville scale.

Model thoughts

Aside from the lack of anything in the back and the left over parts I quite liked this model.

Overall thoughts

Parts: I buy Creator sets for the parts as they rarely contain anything hard to use. This set in particular is a great source of some of the newer curve pieces, some of which were my first. 10/10

Price: The Australian list price for this is $69.99 for 648 parts (I got it cheaper) so it's OK value. 8/10

Looks: The convertible is indeed cool, the Bobcat is also... but the truck wasn't as impressive to me. 9/10

Fudge: The appeal of these sets will depend on what you buy Lego for; the car would be a good model, but as I said I buy these sets for the parts. Like other Creator sets the way they are designed to make three models is impressive. 9/10

Overall: Highly Recommended. 9/10
Siegfried
ACAPadmin
ACAPadmin

Re: 4993 Cool Convertible

Postby rainahuang » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:09 am

"Sports shoes is the best people wearing sports shoes, sports shoes scarpe ACAPsoft zapatillas ACAPsoft mujer ACAPsoft air jordan uomo for a variety of venues in the Mercedes-Benz will bring sports shoes were sweat soaked, or shoes to help the surface stained with dust and other ACAPsoft air footscape conditions. Then a pair of louboutin talon 16 cm sports shoes to how to do maintenance work? New sports shoes how to maintain it?

The cleaning of sports shoes and sports shoes maintenance is not just chaussures ACAPsoft air water rinse so simple. Most of the raw materials of synthetic shoes are synthetic polymer materials (mostly polyester nylon mesh and non-woven artificial leather, soles are made of rubber or rubber foam material), some vamps for the leather, so avoid contact ACAPsoft air max flyknit louboutin pas cher with organic Reagents and grease solution, but not even in the high environment for a long time wearing. General use or washing temperature shall not be higher than 45 food intake. When the shoes louboutin hauteur talon 140mm wear dirty, you can use water dipped polyvore girls setsACAPsoft yeezy 350 boost in detergent gently scrub, and then rinse with water, placed ventilated cool place to dry, to avoid direct sunlight. Do not use warm air or fire to dry, so as to avoid aging, open plastic, fade and serious deformation. Washing can not be a long time soaking, the scarpe ACAPsoft donna general soaking time shall not exceed 2 hours.
????Sports shoes maintenance but also do the insoles (insole) of the clean-up, then what methods? First, basically should try to avoid cleaning the insole. If there is smell, you can put out the insole chaussures ACAPsoft and placed in the air smooth and smooth air, or even use shoes to remove odor odor. Second, if the situation is bad, the underwear can be washed under the faucet and soft brush with a soft brush, do not use any clean economy, otherwise the layer of cloth may fall off. Third, placed in the air smooth and smooth air, do not use the hot air or dry hair with a hair dryer forced to dry the insoles, or insoles may be variant.
""

"
rainahuang
ACAPregular

Return to Reviews