8106 Aero Booster

Set reviews

Moderators: ACAPmod, LEGOmod

8106 Aero Booster

Postby Siegfried » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:16 am

I realise this set isn't that new anymore, but I really wanted to do a review of it. I really like it and Aero Booster is on my non-break list.

The arms and side jets are very poseable. I am not sure if it was the intention, but they are the right height to use as a prop so he doesn't fall over. (The technic liftarm in the middle is not tall enough. It is there more to for swooshing reasons, and also to help you fire the projectile.)

The mech and the backpack are held together with a single axel, which works quite well. (It normally sits flush. I have half removed it to show how it connects.)

The left weapon is removable and fits into the mechs left hand if you remove the hose and use the yellow axel joiner on the right shoulder. (I don't really like this feature.)

Aside from splashing out on a new golden top, Ha-Ya-To is the same as last year. (New guy on left.)

This part was a large reason why I wanted this set.

It is used on the gun for decoration, but it reality it is a Technic Driving Ring and my only piece like it is buried in an 8421 crane. This piece is priced from 5-15 USD on Bricklink and this is the cheapest set it has ever been found in.

Over all, I think this is a great set, and I have found myself running though the house making jet noises. I highly recommend it.

(I am not 100% happy with these photos so I might re-do some of them. If anyone wants photos of anything please ask. I wont do the manual though. If you want that I recommend you download it.)
Siegfried
ACAPadmin
ACAPadmin

Postby Hinckley » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:59 am

I don't have this set, but I rated it a 4 anyway. :cry:

And that makes me sad...
tee hee!
Hinckley

Return to Reviews