8291 Dirt Bike

Set reviews

Moderators: ACAPmod, LEGOmod

8291 Dirt Bike

Postby Siegfried » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:43 am

The 8291 Dirt Bike comes from a long line of Technic bikes, and I think it's the best ever.

It looks great, and it's fun to ride around in the house. I hoped to find a figure the right size for it, but none of mine would fit.

Unlike a lot of Technic models, it looks good from all angles.

Considering the size of the model it has a complicated way of connecting the engine to the wheel.

The rear shocks are just the right stiffness...

...and they have a good amount of travel.

I thought these shocks were new. :blush: I need to get out more...

Functions:

Shocks: Two front, one stiffer one in the rear.
Drivetrain: 2 piston engine linked to the rear wheel via gears and a chainlink.
Steering: Yes it does...
Stand: Retractable.

For the price, size and subject, what else could be added? 10/10

Parts: Considering that it has three shocks and a 40 chainlinks it's a great set for parts. Some hard to use large parts are included, but they are not overused. The usage of the green does limit part usage somewhat though, and I'll be struggling to find a use for those wheels for anything other than a motorbike. 8/10

Price: At $39.99 AUD for 248 parts it isn't the best value set. The US price is $25.00 which is somewhat better. It does have some more complicated parts however. 7/10

Looks: Lego seems to be moving away from the see-though look for Technic sets and this is a good example of it. I'm not a big fan of fairings but I think they work great in this set as a fuel tank. 8/10

Fudge: This set was great for me as I have never had a Technic bike. However for those that want this for just parts or have other bikes it could be a hard sell. The alternate model (a chopper) is a complete rebuild (which I didn't make), and it's great that Lego have been including these most of the time lately. 7/10

Overall: Recommended. 8/10
Siegfried
ACAPadmin
ACAPadmin

Re: REVIEW: 8291 Dirt Bike

Postby Siegfried » Sat May 17, 2008 6:14 am

Here it is with a smaller gear. I think it looks better...

...the problem is that it's too tight and it doesn't rotate as freely anymore.

Adding another link makes it too loose! Thus the set is probably the way it is as it's the gear that fit best.
Siegfried
ACAPadmin
ACAPadmin

Re: 8291 Dirt Bike

Postby rainahuang » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:35 am

"Fifty years ago, three Italian snowmakers, ski champions and ski coaches had a deep friendship in outdoor life and skiing because of their Coach Jewelrycommon love for nature. borsa moncler imbottitaThey designed to leap the polar mountain climbing ski down jacket, due to bold color, innovative design, so that the mask down jacket blockbuster. moncler uomo
piumini moncler 2017

Mongolian mouth lightweight down jackets mens
on the down with a strict selection rule: down jackets best
only use the neck to the chest and abdomen between the duck hair, soft and has a high water resistance, and a&f sale
lighter than the average down, thinner. In recent years, Mengkou and the international top brand cooperation of the down jacket and a series of handbags show that it is the perfect blend of high-end brands, and the trend of brand cooperation to Mongolia moncler bambino outlet
to find a broader world, especially for some bright colors, coach bags on sale online By more and more young people love, so that Mongolia has always stood in the fashion wave!
polyvore girls sets
Mengkou China Mall as a Mongolian company in Asia new balance femme launched the first online mall, lightweight down jackets women's
is committed to the Chinese market to promote the Mongolian brand and high-quality Mongolian down jacket accessories Coach Sunglasses Coach cases

Coach Sunglasses
and other products. Mongolian China Mall by the mouth of the Chinese company set up network sales borsa moncler trapuntatadepartment independent operation, 'respect, patience, smile, caring' service culture deeply rooted in the Internet, and launched the 'outdoor activities', more timely for customers To provide lightweight down jackets ladies
Let's moncler joint brand piumini moncler 2018and product fashion information, so that Mongolia became a domestic and second tier cities fashion backbone."
rainahuang
ACAPregular

Return to Reviews