Egg 1.58 random count up

Multifunction timer settable from 3 seconds up to 49 days with quad timer. Egg Page

Moderator: ACAPmod

Egg 1.58 random count up

Postby booradleyjr » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:23 pm

Hi,
I want to use egg to create random alarms within a specific time window that will go off at times unknown to the user. Egg seems to have everything necessary to do this in random count up mode except that the program never alarms. I want to set a time window, have the user start the timer, have the timer begin counting up and then alarm at some random time within the set time window. In other words, it would be a sort of "time bomb" mode where no one knows for sure when the alarm will be triggered, only that an alarm will occur at some time before the upper time limit is reached.

Maybe there is a way to do this already, but I have not been able to make egg work in this way. I would be happy to purchase the product if it could perform this function.

Thanks,

booradleyjr
booradleyjr

Postby Siegfried » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:52 pm

No, Egg can't do this. It can do something very similar (that is a random count-down) but I assume that you want to have a count up displayed that stops at an unknown time. I'll look into this ASAP.
Siegfried
ACAPadmin
ACAPadmin

Re: Egg 1.58 random count up

Postby booradleyjr » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:53 am

Yes, that is exactly what I am looking for.

Thank you.
booradleyjr

Postby Siegfried » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:46 pm

booradleyjr wrote:Yes, that is exactly what I am looking for.

I'll make a post in this topic if/when it happens. It'll be at least a few weeks as we just released v1.58.
Siegfried
ACAPadmin
ACAPadmin

Postby booradleyjr » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:39 pm

Thanks. I'll keep checking back.
booradleyjr

Postby booradleyjr » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:43 pm

Hi,

If you decide to add the random count up feature, I'm wondering if an option to loop an audio file during the count up could be added. This would be in addition to the existing ability to play an audio file when an alarm has been reached.

Just curious. I could use this feature.

Thanks,

booradleyjr
booradleyjr

Postby Siegfried » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:34 pm

booradleyjr wrote:If you decide to add the random count up feature, I'm wondering if an option to loop an audio file during the count up could be added. This would be in addition to the existing ability to play an audio file when an alarm has been reached.

It's possible. Please note that to have this working so no alarm action interfered with it could be hard, but if you just want this to work with a single alarm then it would be much easier to add.
Siegfried
ACAPadmin
ACAPadmin

Return to Egg