Gigalarm Feature Requests

Want more from us? Ask here!

Moderator: ACAPmod

Gigalarm Feature Requests

Postby Doyle » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:40 pm

Can you add a colum that will show the notes that have been added to the alarms?

I would like to be able to view all of the columns in each view.

The "View All" window appears to be the only one in which I can sort all of the columns. If this is true I would like to be able to sort any column in any view. If not, please advise if I have missed a setting or need to reinstall the program.

Templates. With other reminder programs, such as Chameleon Clock, I have the option of creating templates. The templates are also available from the right-click menu. I would like to have this function in Gigalarm.

Alarms:
1. When creating a new alarm I would like to have the option to either zero the minutes or set them to 30 minuts. I tend to set all of my alarms to go off either on the hour or the half hour.
2. A more robust selection of repeat options would help a lot. For example, I use the reminders for taking medications. Some of them, such as anti-biotics, will be taken every 8 hours for 2 or 3 weeks. The ability to set a start and an end date for the alarms would be nice.

Fonts and colors. I would like to be able to change the font and background color for each alarm. I would also like to be able to change the background color for the main screen. The basic white is a little bright for me.....I prefer blue or green text on a black backround for alarms and a light shade of grey for the main window.

Icons. I would like to be able to add icons to each alarm. (Upper left side......others may prefer a different placement though). I'm thinking a standard selection of icons that we can use and the ability to add our own.

Thanks in advance, Doyle
Doyle

Postby Siegfried » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:43 am

Thanks for your suggestions.

Doyle wrote:Can you add a colum that will show the notes that have been added to the alarms?

Easily done.

Doyle wrote:I would like to be able to view all of the columns in each view.

Do you mean the existing ones? If so, you can; all the columns are there, they are just made small. You can re-size them individually or you can from the right-click menu select Columns-> Show all

Doyle wrote:Templates. With other reminder programs, such as Chameleon Clock, I have the option of creating templates.

GigAlarm does have templates, but only two. I assume you want several. This is possible. How many do you want?

Doyle wrote:1. When creating a new alarm I would like to have the option to either zero the minutes or set them to 30 minuts. I tend to set all of my alarms to go off either on the hour or the half hour.

Possible. I'm not sure how this could be implemented without being annoying to those that don't want this feature. (If you wanted just 0 or just 30 it would be relatively easy.) We'll give this some thought.

Doyle wrote:2. A more robust selection of repeat options would help a lot.

This has been a common request and we have been working on this.

Doyle wrote:Fonts and colors.

Main screen; very likely. Each alarm; probably not in the short term.

Doyle wrote:Icons.

Possible.
Siegfried
ACAPadmin
ACAPadmin

Return to Requests