iTimeSync

Not mentioned above? It belongs here then!

Moderator: ACAPmod

iTimeSync

Postby ringo » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:22 pm

Hi, We have been using iTimeSync for some time and this has been working in the background with no issues until the beginning of January. As of the 10th Jan this has just stopped working and after looking into this it seems that this is just trying to connect using the 'Time' protocol but we need to use the 'SNTP' protocol. Please can you let us know if there is an issue with the software like before with the old version?

Thanks
Chris
ringo

Re: iTimeSync

Postby Siegfried » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:10 am

ringo wrote:Hi, We have been using iTimeSync for some time and this has been working in the background with no issues until the beginning of January. As of the 10th Jan this has just stopped working and after looking into this it seems that this is just trying to connect using the 'Time' protocol but we need to use the 'SNTP' protocol. Please can you let us know if there is an issue with the software like before with the old version?

Thanks
Chris

Hello Chris

Sorry for the extreme delay. I've been testing iTimeSync but the SNTP seems to be working for me. Have you tried other servers?
Siegfried
ACAPadmin
ACAPadmin

Postby ringo » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:33 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the update but we are using an internal Time server and the devices that this software are running on are unable to get to the internet. This was working fine until the 10th Jan with no issues and then just stopped working. We have checked the port that the request is coming from and this is just the 'Time' port and not the 'SNTP' port.

Thanks
Chris
ringo

Postby Siegfried » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:13 pm

I did some further testing syncing from iTimeSync to iTimeSync and I think I'm seeing the issue. Thanks for reporting this.
Siegfried
ACAPadmin
ACAPadmin

Postby ringo » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:56 pm

Hi,

Did you manage to get a fix for this yet?

Thanks
Chris
ringo

Postby Siegfried » Mon May 11, 2015 4:01 pm

ringo wrote:Hi,

Did you manage to get a fix for this yet?

Thanks
Chris

No sorry to say.
Siegfried
ACAPadmin
ACAPadmin

Return to Everything Else